I got the inspiration for this makeup look from a picture on Instagram of Nadia Mejia, it was a soft purple smokey eye with thick winged liner and some false lashes, here is the look if you’re curious. Her makeup is always flawless. I filmed a quick little video for you guys just on the eye shadow portion of this look. I filmed this on my Iphone so it’s definitely not the best quality or anything like that, but hopefully it helps a little bit! I will try to step up my filming abilities for you guys! I’ll post all of the products I used below, keep reading if you want to know how I created this look 🙂
- I mixed Nu Evolution Complete Coverage Foundation in the shade #100 and my Illuminare Cosmetics Concealing Foundation in Porcelain and applied that with my Morphe M439 brush and then went over that with a damp beauty blender to get rid of any brush strokes
- Next I applied my RMS Buriti Bronzer to my jawline, either side of my forehead, down the sides of my nose, and under my cheekbones and blended that out with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush
- Then I applied Hynt Beauty concealer in Light under my eyes in a V shape and all over my lids, I then set that with my Olga’s Organics face powder in Medium
- I then applied Dusty Girls Bronzer in Sunshine across my forehead and on my cheeks
- Next I applied Teri Miyahira Blush in Hope on the apples of my cheeks and Bronzer in Chance as my highlight at the top of my cheekbones, above my brows, down my nose, and on my cupids bow
- I started out filling in my brows with EcoBrow in Marilyn
* I’m Going to insert this little video just showing the eye shadow application below, check it out if you want to see the application process, if not just skip on to the rest of the description
- Then I put ZuZu Luxe Eye Liner in Snow all over my lid to act as a base and then put a Mineral Fusion eye shadow in Flash all over my lid
- Next I took Beachy Keen from Red Apple Girls on a MorpheM441 big fluffy brush and blended that into my crease as a transition shade
- I then took Eggplant from my Jane Iredale Naturally Matte palette on a Sigma E45 tapered blending brush and applied that in my crease all the way down to my inner corner
- I then took the same brush and applied That’s My Jam from Red Apple Girls and just deepened up that Eggplant color I had already put down
- I then mixed That’s My Jam and Vamp and applied that with a Morphe M321 dense precision packing brush (Best brush for packing on color in the outer corner) in a V shape on the outer corner of my eye, I then went back with a Morphe M433 fluffy blending brush and blended out any harsh lines
- I then took Fudge from the Jane Iredale Naturally Matte palette on a Sigma E15 flat definer brush and placed that on the outer half of my lower lash line
- I took a small smudger brush from Rite Aid with Eggplant again and blended that out
- And finally I felt like I needed a little warmth so I put Hynt Beauty eye shadow in Rosy Velvet on that same smudger brush and put that on my lower lash line as well
- Finally I took a tiny bit of Becca Cosmetics Highlighter in Opal and put that on my inner corners, sorry I know it’s not non toxic!
- Next I drew a thick line on my upper lash line with an angled brush using Jane Iredale Jelly Jar in Black and did a small wing at the end
- I then did a few coats of Hynt Beauty Nocturne mascara in black and then added some half lashes from Urban Decay to really give that cat eye effect. I love half lashes, they’re so much easier to apply and they give you just enough drama without being overboard.
- Jane Iredale Lip Liner in Spice
- Dusty Girls Lipstick in Maca Nude mixed with Au Naturale Cosmetics Lipstick in Marrakesh
- I then applied a little bit of my Gabriel Concealer in Light to the center of my lips to make them look a little fuller
Hopefully you guys enjoyed this look! Let me know if the little video portion was helpful or not!