Summer is here and I couldn’t be happier! So I thought it was only fitting to show you guys my go to Pool Day Makeup look. This is also great for a beach or lake day! This is really just my all around go to for the Summer, it’s simple, bronzed, and glowing, what more can you ask for! Obviously you don’t need to wear makeup to the pool but this is my personal preference, I still want to look put together while enjoying the sunshine and water! You can alter this look to fit your preference, use a lighter coverage foundation, don’t fill in your brows, skip the concealer, use only cream products or only powder, just do whats comfortable for you! Keep on reading if you want to see how I achieve my pool day makeup look!
- I start off with the Maya Chia Super Couple. I love using this during the day especially when I know i’m going to be out in the sun because it protects against free-radicals and this contains Astaxanthin which “can significantly prevent UV-induced collagen degradation, wrinkles, lipid peroxidation, sunburn, phototoxicity and photo allergy.” – Source
- Next I’ll use my Josh Rosebrook Tinted Nutrient Day Cream with SPF 30 on it’s own or sometimes if I want that extra glow to reflect off the pool, I’ll mix it with my Ilia Beauty Radiant Beauty Balm with SPF 20. If you have flawless amazing skin, you could just use these two products and forget the foundation.
- Next I’ll use my Jane Iredale GlowTime BB Cream in BB3. This is perfect for the pool or just these Summer months in general because it’s water resistant for up to 40 minutes and has an SPF of 25. Any extra SPF for my face is great in my book!
- I’ll then conceal my under eye area and eyelids with my Hynt Beauty Concealer in Light.
- I’ll Bronze my face first with the RMS Buritit Bronzer to give a nice glow
- I’ll then go in with a cream blush, and I’ve been loving the Tata Harper Volumizing Lip & Cheek Tint in “Very Charming”. I also got a sample of the Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in “Precious” and that’s amazing as well if you prefer peach tones over pinks.
- Next I’ll highlight the high points of my face with the Teri Miyahira Dew Drops in “Calm”. Layering cream and powder products will give you extra color pay off or glow and also extra wear time! It’s definitely not necessary to use a liquid and powder highlight but I wanted an extra glowy look and I have so many products I might as well put them to good use!
- Then I’ll set all of my cream and liquid products I put down with a setting powder. For this look I used my Silk Naturals Tinted Blur Powder. I also love the Olga’s Organics powder, or if you want any extra coverage you could go over that with any powder foundation you have as well.
- After I’ve locked in all those creams and liquids I go over the places I used the cream bronzer with my Dusty Girls Bronzer in “Sunshine” and then very lightly to add a more glowy bronzed look i’ll add either my Lorem Cosmetics Bronzer in “Golden Shimmer” or my Glory Boon Bronzer in “Laguna”
- Next I’ll set my cream blush with a powder blush, and for this look I used my Zuzu Luxe Blush in “Nymph”
- Then I’ll go over the liquid highlight with my new holy grail Highlighter from Glory Boon in “Sol”
- Next I’ll quickly fill in my brows with the Ecobrow in Marilyn
- Then i’ll apply the Lorem Cosmetics Eye Shadow in “Pearl” all over my lid and on the inner corners of my eyes. If you want to cut down on products, you can just use your highlighter for your lid color as well.
- Then I’ll grab a fluffy brush and throw some of the Dusty Girls Bronzer through my crease for some depth and dimension
- Then I’ll either use my ride or die Hynt Beauty Nocturne Mascara or my Nu Evolution Cosmetics Mascara, which is becoming a new favorite, and give just my top lashes a couple of coats. I usually leave my lower lashes blank when i’m going to be getting in the water to avoid any raccoon eyes, not cute!
- After I’ve finished my Face and Eyes I’ll set everything with the Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Floral Toner. This final step just locks in all the hard work we just did and gets rid of that powdery look, which nobody wants, especially by the pool!
- I love anything with an SPF to protect my lips. For this look I went with the Suntegrity Lip C.P.R. in “Sunny Blush” which has an SPF of 30. Another good option would be the new Ilia Beauty Tinted Lip Conditioners, they have an SPF of 15.
- Here I’m wearing all of the makeup I listed above
- In the two pictures above I’m wearing everything listed in the steps above except I used the Lorem Cosmetics Bronzer in “Golden Shimmer” not the Glory Boon bronzer, The Kjaer Weis Blush in “Precious”, and my highlight is the Lorem Cosmetics Eye Shadow in “Pearl” Oh and Don’t mind me just wearing my new Flamingo Pajamas from Target 🙂
I hope you guys enjoyed this look!
*****You can get the Hynt Beauty products I mentioned, Nu Evolution Mascara, Josh Rosebrook Day Cream, and the Ecobrow from Aurora Beauty and if you use the code JH15 you can save 15%
*** And Check out the Glory Boon Page on Etsy, dying over the Passport to Paradise Collection