If you guys haven’t heard about Okoko Cosmetiques, and the gorgeous Oyeta, then please stop what you’re doing and go check out her website! You’ll want these on your Christmas list, trust me! I knew I had to get my hands on her gorgeous products, especially after hearing nothing but rave reviews from other fellow green beauty bloggers. I had seen Oyeta posting about her products being great as a part of an anti-pollution skincare routine, and as I was planning a move to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam for a few months, I immediately messaged her about my concerns. She went above and beyond with her in depth email to me about what exactly my skin needs and then recommended me some of her products and even recommended a custom serum for my skin type. If you’re a little lost in the skincare world definitely send her a message, she is so sweet and knowledgeable! I appreciate that she tells you the specific ingredients that work well with your skin and doesn’t just try to push her products on you, even though I wouldn’t mind if she did, they are amazing! Keep on reading to see what I picked up and my thoughts 🙂
La D’TOX NOIRE –
- La D’TOX NOIRE is a detoxifying clay mask that contains 19 active ingredients, this mask is great for fighting acne, minimizing skin damage caused by pollution, and best of all it leaves your skin with an amazing glow. This deeply cleanses and purifies your skin with a mixture of antioxidant rich cacao, activated charcoal, soothing algae, MSM, Willow Bark extract, Spirulina, Chlorella, and exotic spices just to name a few of the powerhouse ingredients.
- This has been my lifesaver here in Vietnam, there is quite a bit of pollution due to all the crazy motorbikes here! I use this mask at least twice a week to keep my skin happy! This definitely helps minimize any hormonal acne I have going on as well.
- Ways to Activate the mask: You can activate this with water or to give the mask an added boost with extra benefits you can activate it with lemon juice, grapefruit juice, a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, or honey.
Custom Purifying Elixir –
- This custom serum contains 5% Willow Bark, 10% Niacinamide, MSM, and Cucumber Extract. It reduces oiliness, exfoliates the skin, unclogs pores, and visibly unifies your skin tone and reduces the look of dark spots. I don’t know about you but after hearing those benefits, who wouldn’t want this elixir!
- This should be used daily or twice a day as a second step in your skincare routine. You’ll notice that this serum exfoliates dead skin cells to reveal more radiant and plump skin.
- I’m almost out of this Elixir, good thing I’m headed home for Christmas! I’ll definitely repurchase this one.
Les 16 Precieux –
- This face oil has received high praise on social media, and for good reason! I go back and forth between using this oil and the Acne Serum. This oil is a great everyday lightweight moisturizer that is rich in essential nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants for the skin. Some of the vitamins included in this oil are Vitamin A, E, D, and K. This is also rated a zero on the Think Dirty App, can’t get better than that.
- I love the deep orange color of this beautiful oil, it’s awesome for anti-aging as it contains organic argan oil, marula oil, prickly pear seed oil, and rosehip oil just to name a few. Les 16 is packed full of antioxidants so it provides protection against free radicals, weather elements, and provides hydration to dry and dehydrated skin.
- This oil is great for all skin types and ages. I use this all over my face and also around my eyes to hydrate there as well. Feel free to use this on your lips, hands, and even hair, but I’m stingy and want to save it all for my face.
Acne Treatment Serum –
- This acne serum is of course designed to fight acne but it also reduces inflammation and scars and helps to promote skin self-repair. Some of the ingredients in this serum are black cumin oil, seabuckthorn oil, tamanu oil, tea tree oil, ravensara, helichrysum, lavender and lemon essential oils.
- Whenever I felt any breakouts coming on I’d use this to moisturize my skin and amazingly enough the breakouts never seemed to fully come to the surface. I feel like a lot of acne serums or oils don’t work at all but this one did the trick for me. I will be repurchasing this for sure.
Have you guys tried anything from this line yet? If not do yourself a favor and check it out 🙂